- The divine inspiration of the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments, and their absolute sufficiency as the only authorized guide in matters of religion;
- The existence of one Living and True God—sustaining the personal relation of Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, the same in essence and equal in attributes;
- The total and universal depravity of mankind;
- The atoning efficacy of the death of Christ;
- The free justification of believers in Him by His imputed righteousness;
- The election and effectual calling of all God’s true people;
- The final perseverance of the saints; the necessity and efficacy of the influence of the Spirit in conversion and sanctification;
- The supreme and sole authority of Christ in the Church;
- The resurrection of the dead both just and unjust, the General Judgment;
- The everlasting happiness of the righteous and the everlasting misery of the wicked;
- Immersion in water in the name of the Trinity being the only gospel baptism;
- That parties so baptized are alone entitled to communion at the Lord’s Table;
- That a gospel church is a body of baptized believers, voluntarily associated together to maintain the worship of God, acknowledging no head but Christ and no authority but His Word.
WE FURTHER BELIEVE THE FOLLOWING ABOUT JESUS CHRIST:
- He was begotten of the Holy Ghost, and born of the Virgin Mary;
- He was God manifest in the flesh;
- He paid the penalty of the broken law by His death;
- He endured on behalf of sinners the punishment our sins deserved;
- He literally rose again from the grave in the same body which was crucified;
- He ascended to the Father’s right hand where, as our High Priest, He exercises His mediatorial office;
- He will come a second time in the clouds of heaven to receive His people unto Himself.
- We further believe:
Those who through faith in Christ, and by the power of the Holy Spirit, have been born again, and have put on Christ in baptism, and have united with the church, are under obligation to live holy lives, putting off the old man and putting on the new, crucifying the flesh with affections and lusts, and growing in grace and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, and thus growing up into Christ in all things.